Brain training: awareness (Emery at PSG)
A drill from Unai Emery from his time at Paris Saint-Germain.
- improve the awareness and the reaction speed of the brain
- 5 players per organisation
- 4 colored goals (or a goal, marked with a cone or vest)
- 4 colored mannequins (or mannequins marked with a cone or vest)
- 4 balls
How to play
- 1 player starts in the middle, 4 players on the side
- the player who is going to play the ball calls a color first
- the player who is in the center touches the mannequin of that color
- he then gets the ball played to him, while the passing player calls another color
- the player who is in the middle shoots the ball into that specific goal
- players rotate, so that the ball can be played from different positions
- change colors every few minute to create a new orientation
- ‘Constantly look around you to see where everyone is situated.'
- ‘Perform all assignments as quickly as you can.'
- 'Stay in control of the ball.'
- 'Switch as soon as possible after hearing the color.'
- 'Link what you hear and what you see in one action.'
- 'Produce a good first touch, so that you can finish quickly.'
- 'Make sure you control the ball in an open way.'
Want to see more drills?
Register for free and you can view 1 drills every month.Create your free account
Already have an account? Login