From the side to the centre (1)
This is the first of four training drills from Dennis van der Ree, in which he provides different game patterns to return from the side to the centre in the final third.
- to build an attack from the side towards the center of the pitch
How to play
- 5 players and goalkeeper are needed for the attacking pattern
- the game situation that follows requires 7 players and a goalkeeper
- the coach passes the ball to the winger to start the pattern
- his teammate makes an off-the-ball-run in the half-space
- from the other side, 2 attackers sprint into the box
- the goalkeeper and the defender try to prevent a goal
- after the attacking pattern is finished, a new situation starts
- the goalkeeper starts the 4v3 + 2GK towards the goal on the half-way line
- the player who gave the cross in the attacking pattern also participates, making it 4v4 + 2GK
- 'Play the ball with the correct pace into the space for the player who is making the run.'
- 'One player asks for the ball in front of the goalkeeper at the near post.'
- 'His teammate positions himself diagonally behind him around the penalty spot.'
- 'Produce a quick transition after the cross to the second part of this drill.'
- From the side to the centre (2): the winger plays to his fellow player and receives the ball after a 1-2 combination
- From the side to the centre (3): player in half-space asks the ball in his feet, he opens and gives a cross towards a player on the other side, who then gives a cross
- From the side to the centre (4): player on the other side goes deep, but then stops, after that the fullback who is also running, gets the ball and gives the cross
Want to see more drills?
Register for free and you can view 1 drills every month.Create your free account
Already have an account? Login